• Acts as a liaison between the faculty and the Department of Admissions and Registration and the student advising unit to provide students with accurate and timely information in response to their queries.
• Performs some or all of the duties listed below as assigned.
• Assists students with admission and registration related problems.
• Counsels and provides advice to students regarding courses that are offered by the faculty.
• Collates and receives student results and sends the same to Admissions and Registration Department.
• Also prepares statistics detailing students results and status.
• Handles and resolves student queries and problems and provides them with the correct information.
• Prepares academic schedules and inputs academic plans into the student information system.
• Records course syllabus offered by the college according to the credit hour system.
• Track a clearance forms for all the students
• Orientation and induction plan for new students
• Initial meetings with student accused of misconduct
• Communicates and advises to students on issues related to academic performance and attendance.
• Processes requests for student transfers in accordance with University regulations.
• Administer Critical skills exam
• Assists students with the preparation of their academic plans and follows up to ensure compliance.
• Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
• Interpersonal skills
• Basic computer proficiency particularly MS Word and MS Excel
• Knowledge of one foreign language preferably English
• Baccalaureate Degree / Higher Diploma
• 1 – 3 years relevant experience
• Proven work experience as a Secretary, Administrative Assistant, or Academic Advisor
• High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Integrity and professionalism
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.