You will be responsible for protecting the security and safety of the identified buildings and personnel at a busy client site. You will ensure that assigned tasks are completed in a professional and timely manner and meet relevant legislations, ensuring the needs of all internal and external customers are fulfilled.
Your main responsibilities may also include:
- Control of access doors and gates to ensure that only authorised persons and vehicles are permitted access.
- Conducting entry searches of all persons entering buildings via public entrances (or any member of the public entering via any other entrance) by means of archway metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors and visual searches of bags, parcels and containers to ensure that no weapons, explosive devices or other prohibited items are brought on to the premises, including undertaking a test of the search of equipment at the beginning of every day.
- Prevention of and attending to and dealing with security incidents, including undertaking searches and ensuring the correct and agreed evacuation procedures are followed by all members of the public in the event of an emergency including the identification of a suspect package or a fire.
- Carrying out regular patrols of the building and its environment as required.
- Acting as a first line support to employees and site visitors, providing a professional and friendly service.
- Issue and collection of visitors and contractors’ passes and escort of visitors and contractors.
- Preventing or excluding persons from secure parts of the building or environment.
- Operation of and monitoring CCTV equipment.
- Supervision of contractors and cleaners etc. in secure areas.
- Regular checks to ensure that security/safety equipment is fully operational, including fire alarms, personal attack alarms, archway metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors.
- Opening up the building at the start of the day.
- Closing down securing the building at the end of the day and setting the alarm System and acting as key holder for emergency call out purposes.
- Maintaining security of keys and control of issue to authorised personnel.
- Service area barrier control and traffic management.
Health & Safety duties include:
- Communicate regularly with staff through formal and informal channels on safety matters to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas and that morale remains high.
- Ensure that the OCS safety image is reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Door Supervisor SIA licence – essential
- Experience of working within the Security Industry – advantageous
- CCTV licence – advantageous but training can be provided
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
Personal characteristics/attributes for this role:
- Excellent customer service skills
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity; in order to prioritise and deal with challenging situations, in accordance with procedures and processes.
- Customer focused
Does this role sound like it’s for you? Apply now! If you require any support with your application, please contact Megan Forse on 01293 858761 or via email on Megan.Forse@ocs.com – please do not email or call to apply directly, in order to be considered for this role you must complete this online form.
What will you get in return?
- An additional £1 on your hourly payrate following completion of probation period, subject to attendance, performance and conduct
- Option for additional overtime
- A pension scheme- to save for the future – eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world, and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.