Job Description Summary
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers’ site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
– All activities related to the erection and commissioning of a Telecom and SCADA equipment in accordance to the design objectives or specifications for operational use.
– Includes Site Acceptance Test (SAT), Performance Services, Performance tests.
– Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline.
– May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
– Applies general knowledge of business developed through education and past experience.
– Understands how the work of her/his own team contributes to the area.
– Resolves issues using established procedures.
– Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
– Collaborates with others to solve issues.
– For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE.
– Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
– Planning and supervision of installation of items on site.
– Overseeing all telecommunication and data systems.
– Liaising with various internal and external stakeholders.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical, or Computer Engineering.
– Bilingual in English/ Arabic required.
– 2+ years of similar experience, particularly site-based work.
– Installation and commissioning background.
– Worked on items including: SDH, PDH, DWDM, PSE, Media Converter, IP networking, and optical networks.
– Valid deriving licenses.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
– Computer proficiency to include Outlook, Excel, Word and Power-point.
– Strong multi-tasking and active listing skills.
– Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
– Must be a self-starter with strong multi-tasking abilities.
– Must be people-oriented with excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.