An advanced and professional distribution, logistics, and marketing organization driven by integrity, courage, and passion, with decades of combined experience in their sector. Their mission is to deliver the best in class brand distribution, staging, and communication while respecting local regulations – and to continuously adapt to the latest consumer trends and technologies in their field. Job DescriptionJOB DETAILS:
- Job Title: Finance Manager
- Reports to: Finance Director & Country Manager
- Department: Finance
- Function: Finance and Accounting
QualificationsJOB PURPOSE:Managing Egypt financial activities. Providing guidance and presenting accountability for meeting the desired goals of financial management, financial reporting, and financial control. Planning, managing and overseeing the activities, operations, and resources, and providing support to the staff to enable Company of generating accurate and timely financial information.Additional informationStrategy
- Develops the strategy for operating and financing activities of the finance and accounting department of the Company in Egypt, in line with the head office finance and accounting strategy to ensure vertical alignment. Establish horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across management
- Performance Indicators: The strategy is aligned with the Company’s and the department’s strategy. The strategy is documented, approved, communicated, and implemented.
- Champions the preparation of the Egypt budget, recommends to management changes to the budget, and liaise with the head office for approving the budget. Monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are exploited.
- Performance Indicators: Financial variance versus budget.
- Manages the effective achievement of the departmental objectives by leading the team towards common goals. Guides oneself and team members on setting individual objectives, and subsequently managing performance, putting development plans, and motivating team members on achieving their potential. Provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance
- Performance Indicators:
- Individual objectives, training and development plans are in place for all direct reports within the timescales defined by the head office Management.
- Frequency of feedback & appraisal meetings.
- Oversees the management of change through continuous improvement of departmental systems, processes, and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards, and changes in the business environment that demand proactive action plans.
- The number and quality of improvements are in line with top management expectations and implemented.
Job-Related Tasks / Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and forecasts budgets for Company in Egypt in collaboration with business units and under the direction of General Manager. Group MD and Group FD.
- Implement finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Revises finance and accounting policies and procedures based on the change in business transactions, standards update, or feedback from auditors.
- Determines the effect of potential business decisions on the financial performance of Company in Egypt.
- Collaborates as a company representative with business partners, such as banks, ERP providers, suppliers, auditors, and other service providers.
- Coordinates with banks if needed to execute trade finance arrangements. Oversee that supporting documents for such transactions are complete and accurate.
- Cooperates with business units and support functions across the company.
- Ensures prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepares timely financial statements.
- Reports variances and liaise with business units and support functions to analyse the variances and agree on corrective actions.
- Oversees accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, costs recognition, inventory, and general ledger entries.
- Ensures compliance with company and statutory requirements. Stay up to date with possible developments in areas of VAT, excise tax, withholding tax, etc.
- Accuracy of financial reporting
- Timeliness of financial reporting
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Directly work with: All functions within Company as needed and externally with Banks, Suppliers, Customers, Auditors, Consultants, Investors, Tax Authorities
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Professional qualifications from a recognized body is a plus (CPA, ACCA, CMA, DipIFR)
- (10) years of experience among which at least (4) years in a supervisory position.
- Experience in a distribution, retail and/or FMCG company.
- Microsoft office Excel and PowerPoint
- ERP solutions
- Administration Skills
- Business Understanding Skills
- Communication Skills
- Initiative & Drive for results
- Change & Innovation
- Communication & Influence
- Developing & Empowering others
- Problem-solving & Decision Making
- Planning & Organizing
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Department Performance Management
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Job Location
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry
- Distribution, Supply Chain & Logistics; FMCG
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 9 Max: 15
- Residence Location