At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of retail, HR, marketing, tech and operations partners. We help others understand finance and are trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
The Amazon EMEA Student Programs Team is looking for Finance Interns to work alongside, and support managers gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes, and controls used to record Amazon’s growing volume of daily, weekly, and monthly transactions.
· You will learn how Finance supports the various business teams in forecasting and analyzing actual financial results, managing the external reporting of Amazon’s quarterly financial statements and inputting to the launch of new customer-focused initiatives to ensure customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
· Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business and/or similar discipline focused on analytics
· Must be able to complete a 10-12 week full-time summer internship
· Minimum one university term/semester remaining after conclusion of internship
· Fluent written and verbal communication in English
· Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using Excel
· Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and solutions
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g., SQL, MS Access, Essbase, and/or Cognos)
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.