** A Leading conglomerate tourism and leisure company **
NOTE: Only candidates with below qualifications stated will be considered.
The General Manager will provide the leadership to enable the company to achieve it’s goals by promoting business profitability, monitoring performance, developing new business strategies and effectively utilizing resources. The General Manager reports to founding CEO & stakeholders and shall submit strategy and implement the approved business plans.
* Manage development and implementation of business strategy Short,
medium and longer term along with department’s goals , approved by CEO and
regular performance reporting.
* Monitoring and reporting company’s performance (monthly performance
analysis report and financial reports against target).
* Company profitability (operational expenses per month within budget,
supplier costs within budget and quality assessed by group management)
* Manage product development process to ensure unique and defendable
* Quality of trips (target rating from customer feedback and other
* Establish and maintain an effective local marketing and sales strategy
(Direct sales, B2B contracts)
* Legal representation in Doha, Qatar. Maintain regular contact with
Government including timely reports (tax department and other agencies as
* Understand company’s vision, mission, purpose and values and be able to
articulate them to the staff and partners.
* Meet the annual sales target set in the budget.
* Ensure effective HR management and development.
* Ensure an effective development of IT system.
* Develop external relationships and partnerships and represent the
company (state agencies, third party, media and with in the industry).
* Proven track record of management across various companies.
* Perform any other related duties incidental to the work described
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of middle level management 5 years’ experience.
* Previous experience as General Manager in Tourism establishment.
* Bachelors / Master Degree preferably in economics, Business Management , Tourism.
* High standards of customer service experience.
* Knowledge of DMC and tour operator field.
* Work experience in tourism management or similar positions is a plus.
* Proven experience in group operations and other areas of the company is
* Fluency in spoken and written English. Arabic is a plus point.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Ability to work strategically on the business’s long term plan.
* Responsible and reliable.
* Knowledge and experience in financial management.
* Knowledge of tourism operations.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Demonstrate leadership and ability to foster teamwork.
* Problem solving and decision making capacities.
* Ability to deal with uncertainties and fast changing business