At AECOM, we define programs as the disciplined, systematic orchestration of resources (money, time, people, information) to plan, design, construct, and deliver a collection of projects in a coordinated wayin order to obtain benefits for the owner not attainable if managed separately.
As part of our newly established Global Program Management (PgM) Business Line, we are currently recruiting a Program Controls Director as a member of the core team with primary responsibility for our Middle East region.
Large programs require the management, coordination and integration of multiple, concurrent assignments. From concept through completion, we provide necessary technical and administrative services to help our clients meet their program objectives. We act as an extension of our clients staff, protecting their interests as our own.
As an industry leader in program management services for large capital programs, we oversee activities ranging from organizational and governance planning, to coordination, scheduling and cost control, and into design, construction and commissioning. We specialize in serving both public and private clients with extensive expertise in community infrastructure, including facilities for education, healthcare, national governments, sports and leisure, transportation, water and public gathering venues.
The Program Controls Director for the Middle East region reports to the Vice President of Program Controls and forms a team with two other Regional Program Controls Directors, spanning the globe. Together this team is responsible for setting, managing and continually improving the delivery of Program Controls people, processes and tools for AECOM.
The Program Controls Director will be involved in all phases of program delivery from program advisory, through initiation, execution and close-out. They will act as the primary program controls interface for the Middle East region, providing critical input to key business development activities, delivering advisory services and initiating programs.
The Global Program Controls team will also be responsible for the maintenance of a global community of practice, enabling the sharing of best practices and supporting staff in their personal career development. The team will be built with a diversity of skills and backgrounds with the specific intent that in this way the team will deliver value greater than the sum of its parts.
- Serves as the Global Program Management key point of contact for Program Controls in the Middle East region and acts as a subject matter expert in Controls, reaching out to other key experts as required.
- Understands the wider Global Program Management Business Line and acts a connector across the region and other Business Lines, in concert with the Program Controls team, the globe.
- Supports the Vice President, Program Controls in the development and implementation of a strategic Controls framework that establishes standards, common tools, systems and processes consistent with industry best practices and highlighting and building upon AECOM’s current and past Controls portfolio and track record of success.
- Collaborates with the AECOM Controls community of practice comprised of professionals across the firm experienced in and engaged in Controls services.
- Provides Program Controls input into key program bids in the region.
- Undertakes Program Initiation tasks in the region.
- Undertakes Program Advisory tasks in the region.
- Serves when called upon as a key participant in client negotiations.
- Is an advocate of all aspects of Program Management in the region
- BA/BS plus 12 years of relevant program controls experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management, or Quantity Surveying
- Possesses proven knowledge and expertise in Project and Program Controls Management
- Experience delivering large scale programs of work
- Experience in business development and excellent client interfacing skills.
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of program controls (schedule management, critical path analysis, resource loading and leveling, cost, risk, reporting and change control etc).
- Responsible for staffing decisions to meet program/project objectives and seeks appropriate talent through prescribed Company processes and procedures.
- Experience leading efforts managing budgets, financial commitments, cash flows and cost related data on complex programs
- Commercial awareness re: supply chain engagement and contracting mechanisms
- Demonstrated capability to implement a Programmatic Controls system applicable to AECOM’s client services, including programs of high complexity.
- Able to lead and manage Controls teams through all phases of planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, quality and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Has a demonstrated understanding and application of the knowledge and skills required of Controls managers a demonstrated understanding and application of business development and program/project delivery processes a demonstrated understanding of the scope and workings of best practice program/project Controls management frameworks and is familiar with most of the technologies and delivery methods underpinning the solutions being delivered within capital programs.
- Understands how Controls impact the firm’s performance and attainment of client’s business objectives.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to ‘make amazing happen’ in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Additional Locations AE – Dubai, UAE – UBora Tower
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.