The person we’re looking for has to be a member of the Saudi Council of Engineers.
Main Job Duties:
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve working conditions.
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development
- Establish objectives and targets relevant to company’s health and safety system performance
- Ensure that employees are using personal safety gear while carrying out maintenance operations.
- Ensure that general safety and good housekeeping practices are followed across the building facilities, offices, and canteen.
- Coordinate all safety requirements at the building and ensure availability of sufficient safety items and signboards in the plant.
- Prepare and communicate internal audit plans and schedules
- Perform health and safety audits and inspect facilities, engines, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure the compliance of safety regulation.
- Assist the purchase staff in procurement of safety items.
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment.
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are available at adequate locations.
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are inspected at appropriate time intervals.
- Ensure the operation of firefighting systems and related auxiliaries like water pumps, fire alarms, etc.
- Provide new employees with a comprehensive orientation by conducting awareness HSE session.
- Identify potential emergency situations and establish appropriate procedures
- Periodically conduct emergency incident and fire drills.
- Inspect building engines, equipment, vehicles, etc. from safety point of view and take corrective actions or suggest modifications in order to prevent loss or damage.
- Investigate accidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
- Reporting the results of incident investigations to management.
- Maintain and update the SOPs’ for all safe work practices and equipment.
- Maintain all the inspection, incidents and other health and safety related records.
|Job Location:||Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia|
|Company Industry:||Heavy Industry & Metallurgy; Distribution, Supply Chain & Logistics|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|