Job ObjectiveResponsible for accounting activities within Qatar Cool and Subsidiaries, including, but not limited to payroll processing, maintenance of general ledger, books of accounts, revenue and cash disbursements on a daily basis Ensure compliance with national and international accounting standards. May also be involved in coaching junior team members and assist junior staff with queries.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist the Accounting Manager in the preparation and implementation of all Qatar Cool Accounting Policies and Procedures as per IFRS standards and Qatar Cool’s guidelines.
- Perform and review administrative and accounting tasks executed by junior staff and ensure that it is according to Qatar Cool’s methods and procedures and within stipulated timelines.
- Provide functional support to the process of non-project budgeting and cost allocations with Departments.
- Prepare, where required, special financial and statistical reports and assist in maintaining records of fiscal and budgetary controls, ledgers, and other transactions based on applicable accounting standards and Qatar Cool policies.
- Prepare month-end trial balance and reconcile all required accounts with detailed analysis to ensure complete accuracy of financial information.
- Perform advanced general accounting functions to maintain Qatar Cool’s financial interests in its business affairs.
- Control assigned general ledger accounts, maintain Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables processes and ensure all vendor payments are made within stipulated time-lines.
- Record fixed assets and maintain the Fixed Asset Register keeping track records of physical existence.
- Disburse and balance petty cash, maintaining appropriate records and control over receipts, reconciliations for collected revenues and the accurate documentation, disbursement and maintenance of billings
- Collaborate with the HR function for Payroll processing. Coordinate with the HR Team and banks to ensure timeliness and accuracy in salary payments. Liaise with banks/employees for verification and distribution of account numbers for accuracy in accordance with policy.
- Assist in facilitation of internal and statutory audit of financials. Drive corrective actions as per audit recommendations approved by Management.
- May coach and train junior team members as and when required.
- Perform any other related duty as assigned by the Accounting Manager, in accordance with the provisions of the labor law.
- Comply with Tax regulations and requirements.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Residence Location
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma