Retail is a fast paced, dynamic and often pressurized environment, so attention to detail and the ability to manage pressure and large workloads is vital. You will be supporting the Buying Team to design product & packaging across the home furnishings category.
- Working with the Buying Team to deliver product direction for the categories through seasonal briefs identifying up-trending and down-trending products, categories, fabrics, colours, shape etc.
- Manage Design and development of products & packaging. Creating required art works & technical drawings.
- Deliver consistently high standards of Tech & Briefing packs to Sourcing office & Suppliers to meet critical path deadlines.
- Create tech packs delivering an accurate and commercial interpretation of the product design including the design aesthetic of product make up and agreed fabric, size and colour specifications.
- Attend and input into product sample sessions to ensure product interpretation is delivered. Provide recommendations to maintain the aesthetic standards working alongside the Buyer.
- Work alongside the Buyer to ensure critical dates for range brief sheets and tech packs are met within the critical path.
- Work closely with the Buyer to review and implement the product strategy and ranges throughout the buying process.
- Manage clear and focused design direction to Suppliers & Sourcing Office
- In depth research of the product scope including global retail research, trades fairs etc. as appropriate and use of trend forecasting services. Identify and communicate key opportunities and actions post research.
- Build effective working relationships with Sourcing Office and Suppliers using VC and development trips to maintain up to date knowledge of the manufacturing capabilities, regularly sharing knowledge to develop product that meets the needs of the customer.
- Work with Buying Team on coordinated looks/trends through the process as required sharing trends to build strong cross category looks and lifestyles for the customer.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Retail & Wholesale
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Design, Creative, and Arts
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- Min: 25 Max: 35