From Atkins offices in Riyadh, the Senior/Lead Master Planner will provide technical and professional leadership in the execution of master planning projects in KSA and the wider region, with a particular expertise in creative concept and detailed master planning. The Senior/Lead Master Planner would also play a key role in the development of the Atkins’ master planning business in KSA and be a key point of contact for existing and prospective clients. The nature of role will require the successful candidate to be based in Riyadh.
To be a key member of the Master Planning team in KSA and provide urban planning and master planning design services to external and internal clients as part of the Atkins’ Middle East master planning team. To be involved in strategic planning studies, urban master planning and urban design and public realm projects in the Middle East and Africa.
To provide a key client facing role for Atkins Master Planning business within KSA and the primary point of contact for current and prospective clients. Lead business development activities of the Master Planning team within KSA to help develop a pipeline of work that will support the growth of the in-country team.
– Lead the production of high-quality urban planning, design and master planning project submissions in KSA and the wider Middle East region.
– Coordinate with and supervise their own team of Urban Designers, Planners and Technical Staff on a day-to-day basis to achieve excellent design quality and documentation, and match or better Atkins QA standards
– Report to Head of Department and Country MD on a regular basis regarding progress, design, quality, resources, changes, site issues, planning issues etc.
– Will be required to travel within the Middle East region to projects in a variety of geographical locations.
– Lead in the preparation of technical and fee proposals for master planning and urban design projects and other major projects where appropriate.
– Play a key client facing role in the bidding and negotiation process to secure further work
– Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, attending meetings, workshops and seminars
– Responsible for the management of teams and meeting agreed budgets.
– Support the Country MD and Operations Director in raising Atkins profile across the Kingdom.
– Degree or postgraduate qualification in urban planning or urban design;
– Minimum 10 – 15 years’ post qualification experience in urban planning, master planning and urban design projects;
– Strong English language report writing and analytical skills
– Relevant experience in the GCC and an understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region.
– Strong presentation skills and ability to clearly and articulately convey ideas, proposals and concepts in front of large, high profile audiences.
– Experience of leading large, multi-disciplinary project teams across different geographies
– Ability to lead the preparation of commercial and technical proposals within the framework of an established business governance framework.
– Knowledge of all necessary software programmes including as a minimum CAD, Adobe Design Suites, Sketch up and MS Office. Knowledge of other necessary software programmes including GIS, CAD, SketchUp, 3D Max etc
– Previous KSA urban planning/design experience on urban planning/design projects.
– Arabic reading and speaking ability
– Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a customer focus;
– Previous consultancy experience and be looking to broaden their planning and urban design skill set within a Middle East context;
– Ability to solve problems by thinking laterally and able to understand the needs and requirements of clients to provide planning and design solutions in a rapidly developing country;
– Must be able to work in a large, multidisciplinary, multicultural team and manage challenging multicultural client relationships across a range of geographies;
– Must also be a self-starter who can work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers;
– Able to be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding Middle East environment including the need to travel when required.
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
– A competitive salary
– Accommodation allowance;
– Transportation allowance;
– Medical and life insurance cover;
– Company gratuity scheme;
– Discretionary bonus scheme;
– Annual flight allowance to point of origin
– Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).