GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIESThe Sr. Planning Engineer is responsible to develop the most appropriate method of construction operations for a particular project, plan and oversee the entire scheme, anticipate demands for labour, materials and equipment and technical challenges as well as specifying the timing of the contract.KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Formulate Master Plan Schedule, at all stages of the project lifecycle, from design and through to completion using primavera project planner through resources loading, including engineering, procurement & construction, in coordination with project team.
- Prepares Manpower & Equipment Requirement plans, cash flow of the project, and Progress S Curves/histograms for the project. (Area & Discipline wise)
- Provide weekly & monthly targets to the project team and monitors the accomplishments.
- Monitor and recommend corrective actions in order to avoid any slippage in the schedule.
- Develop detailed network schedules, requirement lists and plans for project management support.
- Supervise project schedule, manpower and quantity reporting and to ensure the preparation and presentation of the Critical Items Action Report.
- Develop look ahead programs and identify resource requirements of manpower and equipment and materials.
- Lead and manage in planning and issuing of schedules that may be complex in nature.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager for construction schedule, resource requirements, procurement and subcontracting issues.
- To coordinate with engineering and procurement department project teams to achieve optimum development and sustainment of project schedules.
- Oversee problems such as design changes, backlogs, and restrictions.
- Responsible for overall supervision of planning schedules, progress measuring, monitoring, and proposals planning systems developed by the Company.
- Manage issuance of standard reports related to progress, efficiency and cost on regular basis.
- Correct in case of variation from standard benchmarks / budget.
- Regulate & monitor subcontractors’ activities/schedules.
- Preparation, review and evaluation of project schedules during all phases, Critical path review & evaluation, resource/cost allocation, reporting progress (work/cost), mitigation plans and cases assessments based on Actual vs. Planned Activities etc.
- Prepare & justify delay analysis report in order to avoid any LD’s for the project
- Establish budget and plans and build a logic network with a focus on all the phases in a project.
- Liaise with all concerned discipline Engineers to design WBS and utilizing it to develop project program using Primavera 6, and with all concerned Engineers, Client, and Managers in order to formulate a master plan of a project.
- Participate in developing and presenting designated subjects in training classes and on-the-job training programs
Qualification: Bachelor in Engineering (Civil), Preferably with Professional Membership. Must have knowledge in Primavera, forensic Planning and Claims.Minimum Experience: 12 years.5 to 10 years of experience in road & infrastructure projects in Qatar.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building; Civil Engineering; General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma