Job SummaryEnsures that work / projects are delivered based on good work practices and project specifications to guarantee completion of work at the given time with quality of work that meets or even exceeds the client’s expectations by implementing international quality standards plans and quality procedures in all the construction activities.Job AccountabilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities
- Manages and oversees the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Manages the QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents.
- Develops and determines all standards to perform inspection and tests on all procedures and oversee all testing methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes.
Roles & Responsibilities1. Follows the QA/QC Plans, Approved Method of Statements, Approved Test Plans and Approved Drawings during the project in order to meet the project quality requirements and client’s expectations.
- Ensures that all available Method Statements, ITPS and Drawings are approved and the last revision.
- Ensures that all approved Method statements, ITPs and Drawings are followed on sites.
- Ensures that all superseded documents are removed from the site.
2. Prepares work inspection requests (WIR) for each construction activity and submits to consultant to ensure it covers all the construction activities done on site.
- Ensures that all site items are inspected properly thoroughly before calling the consultant for inspection.
- Ensures that work inspections are carried out as per the plans and advises the construction team for the corrections/corrective actions to avoid the rejection of work.
- Ensures that all drawings used in the inspection are approved and last revision.
- Ensures that 90% of work inspections shall be passing during the first submission.
3. Conducts the quality tool box and method statements briefing for all the activities
- Ensures that method statements briefing is carried out for each and every activity and records are maintained in the monthly Quality report.
4. Ensures all incoming materials are checked as per the project specifications and approved material submittals.
- Ensures that all materials are inspected internally before offering inspection to the consultant, and before using in site. Raising an NCR to the supplier in case of rejecting any material delivered to site. The record of inspection shall be recorded in the monthly Quality report.
5. Monitor WIRs and test reports and update the Quality Manager and site team about the status.
- Ensures to maintain the records of all works and material inspections and provide the data when needed.
- Ensures that all test records are available for steel along with the mill certificates.
- Ensures that logs are available along with the test reports for all types of tests as per the approved testing matrix.
- Ensures that concrete pour records are maintained on daily basis and copies are provided to the concerned as per the company procedures.
6. Monitors the concrete operations and workman ships at site.
- Ensures that for all incoming concrete the delivery notes are checked against the approved mixed design and carry out the slumps and temperature checks for each and every truck, and make sure samples are taken as required.
7. Conducts snagging/punch lists prior to handing-over of completed works
- Ensures that snag lists are prepared and handed over to the construction team on the dates agreed with the Project Manager during the first closeout meeting.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of work related standards, specifications, and quality systems such as: ISO 9001, QCS, ASTM, BSI, BSEN, ACI and AASHTO.
- Have enough technical experience the QC issues.
- Ability to prioritize and multitasks as well as proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively in English
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, standards , data sheets..etc.
- Proficient in computer applications and Systems such as Microsoft Office, Auto Cad, Primavera.
- Ability to supervise/execute whole sections of a Project with minimum management supervision.
Job ExperienceTotal 13 year(s) On Job 5 year(s) GCC 3 year(s) CompetenciesStrives for Innovation C2Drives Performance M1Develops Future Leaders M1Encourages Resilience M1Demonstrates Accountability C2Displays Customer Centricity C2Creates Strategy M1Communicates and Collaborates C2Project Quality Documents And Pqp Preparation . L2Technical Documents (Material Submittal, M/S, Itp-Inspecetion Test Plan, Icl-Inspection Checklist, Inspection Reports) Preparation And Review. L1Qa/Qc Inspections With The Consultant And Client. Provide Corrective Action Proposal And Support The Site Team In Closing Irs And Ncrs L2Technical Documents (Material Submittal, M/S, Itp-Inspecetion Test Plan, Icl-Inspection Checklist, Inspection Reports) Preparation And Review. L2EducationBachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Quality Control
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies