The Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The VM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.ae’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful VM will be able to:
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
· Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
· Manage vendor relationships – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
· Bachelor’s degree. 7+ years of relevant experience in Consumer Electronics retail, operations with a proven record of accomplishment of negotiations and delivering results.
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects.
· Influencing abilities and vendor management experience.
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.